Simple, Easy Homemade Tomato Sauce — 100% pure tomatoes
Now is the time when the tomato plants are groaning under their load, and we have more tomatoes than we know what to do with.
Here is a quick and simple way to preserve the harvest without the effort of peeling or canning.
Quick & Easy Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe
- Wash your tomatoes & take off any stem. This works even with grape and cherry tomatoes!
- Halve or quarter larger tomatoes & dump them in a pot, filling the pot only halfway.
- Mash the tomatoes up a bit and turn the heat to medium. Bring the tomatoes to a simmer.
- Let the juices come out a bit, then stick your immersion blender in the pot and blend it all up until smooth. The immersion blender will make short work of the peels, and you won’t even know you left them unpeeled when you sample the final product.
- Let the pureed tomatoes simmer gently until they’ve reduced to the sauce consistency you desire. Taste and salt or season as desired.
- Freeze in containers, jars, or ziplock bags.
Note: Tomato image downloaded for free with permission at freedigitalphotos.com